PROJECT DESCRIPTION :
The slag pump motors of 6,3kV-500kW-57A rated at the Soma Thermal Power Plant were started with the Hiconics brand OG frequency converter. The purpose is to adjust the speed of the engine and 55 Hz if necessary. In this way, the pool where the slag water mixture is deposited will be used more effectively. ABC Enser has successfully completed the procurement of the product with MV / LV and control connections.
In project scope;
- The system is designed to flexibly control 2 medium voltage motors (500kW @ 6.3kV).
- It is possible to start the selected motor via Medium Voltage Frequency Converter (MV VFD) and to start the other motor directly (DOL).
- MV VFD can be bypassed for maintenance and service. Depending on the operating requirements, the M1 and M2 motors can be started in DOL. OG VFD, cell by-pass feature.
- The MV VFD can be monitored from the control room, which is approximately 150 meters away. The same 10 ” touch panel on the OG VFD has been added to the control panel in the control room.
- The supply and commissioning of the panel for the control and monitoring of the MV VFD from the control room has been successfully completed.